For 12 years, 4Dviews has been designing and selling three-dimensional filming technology, now popularized as volumetric video capture.
We pushed Innovation to Industrialization, and now provide high-quality and fully packaged equipment for professional creative studios. While constantly improving the performance of the capture technology, we have also developed an efficient volumetric video format compatible with the most popular software and hardware platforms.
Created in 2007 by French Computer Vision Research teams, 4Dviews set up the world's first volumetric video recording studio in Tokyo, Japan, in 2010 for the DigiCast studio of Crescent Inc..
Between 2008 and 2018, several pioneering volumetric video capture projects were born:
- Hip hop dancer, in augmented reality
- Analysis of golfers swing postures
- Real-time holographic interactions
- Fashion show in virtual reality
- Capture of extras and special effects for the documentary "The Destiny of Rome"
- BMX flat volumetric video learning application: Flatland Tricky
- Recording for the work ANIMO, by choreographer Gwendaline Bachini
- Protoypages of applications in mixed reality for several major brands
- CGI video clips
In 2018, 4Dviews launched HOLOSYS, the world's first industrialized volumetric video capture system.
Including complete capture equipment, a software suite with a lifetime product license, installation and operator-customer training; HOLOSYS allows all professionals in new communication technologies and extended reality (augmented, virtual and mixed), to easily film and produce high-quality volumetric video data, with a minimum of constraint and maximum compatibility with other distribution technologies, for one of the best returns on investment on the market.
At the end of 2020, HOLOSYS equips more than 10 professional recording studios around the world, in Asia, Europe and North America.